The time has finally come to experience patch 5.0.0 and the beginning of Mists of Pandaria. I just pre-ordered my collectors edition of the game and now get to experience part of it this coming week as the patch hits (probably) Tuesday. So get ready to update your add ons and find out if your graphics card can handle MoP!
In case you were living under a rock, here’s the run down of what we get to look forward to:
- The New Talent System! And all the class changes Blizzard has been prepping us on. For an extensive list, check out MMO-Champions list:
- New Ability Animations!
- Reduced Experience necessary to get to level 85.
- AoE Looting! Fucking finally….
- New Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance! Though there is no access to the Heroic versions of these instances. Here’s what to expect from the new instances:
- The Graveyard and Cathedral are now combined into one instance.
- The Armory and Library are now combined into one instance.
- Mograine is no longer in the Cathedral and has been replaced with Commander Durand.
- The entire dungeon has new art, increased texture resolutions, and the new lighting system, making for a very nice environment.
- After killing Professor Slate, you can drink a potion that will give you increased damage and his model. The potion works as a shapeshift and currently persists outside of the instance. You cannot mount with it however.
- All Valor Points are converted to Justice Points in a one to one conversion.
- All Justice Points are converted to…Justice Points, but you get a little extra.
- Account Wide Achievements
- Account Wide Mounts
- Account Wide Pets
- Spell Resistance is removed
- Changes to Hit, Spell Hit, Expertise, and Parry
- New Druid Forms:
- New Warlock pets!
- And new Warlock pet emotes!
- Cross-Realm Zones so you can level with your friends who are on different zones now
- Interface Changes like the following:
- Character Creations Screens
- Character Selections Screens
- New Mount interface
- New Pet interface
- New buff frame
- New faction tooltips
- Loot frame changes
- New vendor filters
- New PvE Queue frame
- Dungeon journal expansion
- New Maps
- Battle Tag Support!
- Graphics changes!